I first published Gunship in 2011. From there, readers continued to ask for stories just as fast as I could write them. The Gunship series centers around a small crew of smugglers caught in the middle of a galactic civil war, and introduces readers to both our heroes, and the vibrant Skyla Star System.
The Fleet series takes place between Gunship #5 and Gunship #6, and basically gives our favorite crew a proper sendoff while introducing new characters. There’s also a heavy focus on a brand new super race of beings, the Krall.
Gunship/Fleet stories take place in the Skyla System, a star system much like our very own, though vast beyond any human comparisons. While the Skyla System does, in fact, have three “sun” stars, it pulls most of its heat and light from the largest, which is known as “green sun”. The smaller two combine with green sun and dilute most of its green tint, though several of the inner most planets continue to see green throughout the daytime.
There are several key players in an ongoing war that has now spanned hundreds of years: Colonials, Legion, Drifters, Hunters, Benzans, and Infected.
- Colonials are allied with Drifters and fight for both freedom and peace. Among the heroes of the Colonial Army: Dalton James, Adam Michaels, and Roman Raines.
- Legion sworn are “loosely” allied with Hunters as they have the same agenda: totalitarian government. There is an unspoken agreement that they will wipe out their foes first, and then fight one another for complete domination. Legion heroes include: Vladris, Sarah, and Foster.
- Drifters are a mixture of American Wild West and Amish. While they shun technology for the most part, gunslinging outlaws and tough-as-nails sheriffs rule the day.
- Hunters are the Skyla System’s equivalent of vampires. No, they don’t sleep in caskets or fear garlic. They simply are stronger, have the power to regenerate after injury, and live for their religion, a queen’s rule, and observe a code that is thousands of years old.
- Very little is known about the Void. This is an area in which ships have flown, never to return. It is the rumored home of the Benzan Mafia, and also the gateway to other galaxies and races, should they exist.
- The Infected were first born through Legion science. Once out of control, the Legion briefly joined the rest of the universe in trying to combat this new virus which renders its hosts zombie-like. While not technically dead, hosts exceed living temperatures and only exists to kill. Not for food – only to kill.
Conflict planets are places of indefinite war. Many non-conflict planets welcome anyone so long as they have credits (money) in their pockets. The infected have been reduced to roughly 1% of the Skyla System’s total population, but many people still fear them. It is because of this fear that nearly 20% of the Skyla System’s total population now live aboard large ships which serve as space stations. These are also places of heavy trade among the factions. Each faction has its heroes and its problems.
This is the setting in which my bestselling series Gunship exists. Join us.
I also invite you to check out the brand new Gunship Merch Store!